Free to participate
Extra capitation for settings
Who can apply?
- Any early learning and care setting with a pre-school room that is contracted for any DCEDIY Early Years Programme (ECCE/CCSP/TEC) can nominate an employee for LINC. The setting manager can nominate themselves or any member of the setting’s staff.
To be eligible for LINC, Applicants must have the minimum qualifications to work in an Early Learning & Care Setting, in accordance with the DCEDIY’s Early Years Recognised Qualification Listing
- Settings that already have a LINC graduate working in their setting can nominate another employee from their settings to complete LINC this year, based on the criteria outlined below. Only one application allowed per eligible setting.
- Random selection of eligible applicants will apply. Priority will be given to eligible applications in the following order:
1. Settings that do not currently employ a LINC graduate /INCO/Current LINC Student.
2. Settings that already employ a LINC graduate and have over 22 ECCE-aged children attending*.
3. All other settings.
*As registered with Pobal in September 2022.
Nominated an Applicant last year?
Your setting may now apply again for a place on the LINC Programme.
Once your application is submitted, we will contact you if we require further information.
If you applied for, but were not successful in gaining a place last year, you are eligible to apply again this year.
Applicants with qualifications at an equivalent or higher level to the programme (Level 6 or above completed within a specific time frame) may seek exemptions for two of the six modules: Child Development and Curriculum for Inclusion. These are the only two modules in the programme which are eligible for an exemption. When applying for exemptions from these modules, applicants must demonstrate that they have successfully met the learning outcomes for these two modules, and decisions will be made on a case by case basis.
Students can only apply for exemptions after they have been granted a place on the programme. Full details of the exemption process will be outlined at the commencement of the programme.
If you have further questions around eligibility and exemptions please refer to the frequently asked questions section of this website.
Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified about the opening of applications.
By signing up to this newsletter you will receive information about:
- Updates on progression routes and CPD courses.
- Useful tips on best practices within early years’ settings.
- News about conference and events that LINC maybe involved with.
- Stories about LINC graduates working within the field.
- Early Years Sector news and policy updates.
You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will treat your information with respect. For more information about our privacy practices see our Privacy and Cookies Statement.
By clicking on the “Subscribe” button opposite you are giving your consent to the LINC Programme to send you its newsletter.