APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR LINC 2020/2021 AND WILL CLOSE ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6, AT 4PM.
Only one application allowed per eligible setting.
Places will not be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
There is NO FEE to participate in this course.
Each participant will receive €200 towards expenses incurred.
Applications can only be completed using a DESKTOP or LAPTOP computer.
You will need the following information in order to complete an application on behalf of your setting:
- Setting details (Pobal reference number and contact information).
- Candidate details (name; contact details, including personal email address and postal address; PPS number; date of birth, UL/Mary Immaculate College ID number if they attended either UL or MIC previously; highest qualification; and the last educational institute attended).
- Full details of your candidate’s relevant qualification at Level 5 or above (name of educational institute; year started and completed; qualification level; award title).
- A copy (scan/photo) of your candidate’s certificate.
You should be aware of our Data Protection and Data Collection Notice.
2. Who can apply?
- Any early learning and care setting with a pre-school room that is contracted for any DCYA Early Years Programme can nominate someone for LINC. The setting manager can nominate themselves or any member of the setting’s staff.
- To be eligible for the programme, candidates, at a minimum, must hold a level 5 major award in childcare.
- Settings that already have a LINC student or graduate working in their setting are now invited to nominate a second candidate.
Random selection of eligible applicants will apply. Priority will be given to eligible applications according to the following criteria:
1. Settings that do not currently employ a LINC graduate.
2. Settings that already employ a LINC graduate and have over 22 ECCE-aged children attending.
3. All other settings.
3. What happens next?
A confirmation email will be sent to both the applicant and setting upon successful submission of the application.
The allocation of places is expected in November, when notifications will be sent by email.
Please note: places will not be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please see Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
All applicants must submit an application for 2020/21: applications from 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19 or 2019/20 will not be carried forward
Applications can only be made on a PC (e.g. laptop or desktop) and not on a smartphone or tablet.