Applications for LINC 2019/2020 will open in March 2019
If you intend on making an application for the programme this year please familiarise yourself with the entry requirements as
outlined below. You can subscribe to our newsletter here to be alerted to the opening of applications.
You will need the following information in order to complete an application on behalf of your setting:
- Setting details (Pobal reference number and contact information).
- Candidate details (name; contact details, including personal email address and postal address; PPS number; date of birth, UL/Mary Immaculate College ID number if they attended either UL or MIC previously; highest qualification; and the last educational institute attended).
- Full details of your candidate’s relevant qualification at Level 5 or above (name of educational institute; year started and completed; qualification level; award title).
- A copy (scan/photo) of your candidate’s certificate.
- In order of preference, you must choose up to three locations where your candidate could attend classroom sessions.
You should be aware of our Data Protection and Data Collection Notice.
All candidates applying to the LINC programme must be nominated by their employer/setting.
Any early years’ setting with a pre-school room that is contracted for any DCYA Early Years Programme (ECCE/CCS/TEC) can nominate someone for LINC, as long as they do not have an INCO appointed nor have a current LINC student. To be eligible for the programme candidates must hold a level 5 major award in childcare, at minimum. The setting manager can nominate themselves or any member of the setting’s staff.
3. What happens next?
The allocation of places is expected in early June, when notifications will be sent by email.
Please ensure your nominee is available for all of the course dates outlined on the LINC Calendar 2018/19.