Apply for LINC 2019/20
APPLICATIONS FOR 2019/20 ARE NOW CLOSED. WE WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH APPLICANTS WITH FURTHER INFORMATION IN JUNE 2019.
There is NO FEE to participate in this course
Each participant will receive €200 towards expenses incurred
Applications can only be completed using a DESKTOP or LAPTOP computer
You will need the following information in order to complete an application on behalf of your setting:
- Setting details (Pobal reference number and contact information).
- Candidate details (name; contact details, including personal email address and postal address; PPS number; date of birth, UL/Mary Immaculate College ID number if they attended either UL or MIC previously; highest qualification; and the last educational institute attended).
- Full details of your candidate’s relevant qualification at Level 5 or above (name of educational institute; year started and completed; qualification level; award title).
- A copy (scan/photo) of your candidate’s certificate.
- In order of preference, you must choose up to three locations where your candidate could attend classroom sessions.
You should be aware of our Data Protection and Data Collection Notice.
2. Who can apply?
All candidates applying to the LINC programme must be nominated by their employer/setting.
Any early years’ setting with a pre-school room that is contracted for any DCYA Early Years Programme (ECCE/CCS/TEC) can nominate someone for LINC, as long as they do not have an INCO appointed nor have a current LINC student. To be eligible for the programme candidates must hold a level 5 major award in childcare, at minimum. The setting manager can nominate themselves or any member of the setting’s staff.
3. What happens next?
A confirmation email will be sent to both the applicant and setting upon successful submission of the application.
The allocation of places is expected in early June, when notifications will be sent by email.
Please ensure your nominee is available for all of the course dates outlined on the LINC Calendar 2019/2020.
Please note: places will not be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Places in centres that are oversubscribed will be allocated by random lottery. Please see Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
All applicants must submit an application for 2019/20: applications from 2016/17, 2017/18 or 2018/19 will not be carried forward
We recommend that applications are made on a PC (e.g. laptop or desktop) and not on a smartphone or tablet.